Glacier National Park – year-round adventures!
Glacier National Park is one of the most spectacular, natural and wild places in Montana.
Aptly named the “Crown Jewel”, Glacier Park graces the Rocky Mountain Continental Divide and reveals natural wonders to visitors who come to marvel at her mountain peaks, flowing waterfalls, abundant wildlife, and the remaining glaciers for which the Park was named.
- Hiking over 700 miles of maintained trails
- Bicycling Highway 2 and Going to the Sun Road
- Whitewater and scenic rafting on the Middle Fork and the North Fork of the Flathead River
- Flyfishing or rod-and-reel fishing the rivers and multitude of small and large lakes from shore and boat, reached by road or trail
- Sailing, kayaking and motor boating on Lake McDonald, Hungry Horse Reservoir and Flathead Lake, and more remote lakes within the boundaries of Glacier Park, such as Kintla lake and Bowman lake
- Wildlife watching – look for grizzly bear, black bear, wolf, elk, moose, deer, coyote, mountain lion, wolverine, pine martin, hoary marmot, Colombian ground squirrel, bald eagle, golden eagle, osprey, harlequin duck, loon, mountain goat, bighorn sheep and many more species
- Interpretive tours on Glacier’s historic wooden boats and the restored Red Busses
- Drive Going to the Sun road, a National Historic Landmark and feat of engineering that traverses the park at Logan Pass, opened in 1932
- Helicopter tours
- Guided horseback tours in and around Glacier Park
- Glacier Highline Aerial Adventures
- Yeti Ziplines
A Glacier National Park vacation provides fun activities for all ages and abilities. For a day of diversion for the kids, visit the Amazing Fun Center, House of Mystery, Big Sky Water Slides, or just indulge yourself with the locally famous huckleberries and all of the delicious desserts they dominate.
- Cross country skiing in Glacier Park and at other locations in Flathead Valley that offer groomed trails
- Snowshoeing in Glacier Park or from your cabin
- Downhill skiing at two resorts, Whitefish Mountain Resort and Blacktail Mountain Resort
- Icefishing on many small and easily accessed lakes
- Hunting – season dependent
- Snowmobiling on groomed trails at Desert Mountain and Canyon Creek
- Ice skating at indoor and outdoor rinks
- Dog sledding & sleigh rides